The third five-year Strategic Plan for the Islamic Banking Industry to achieve 20 percent share in both assets and deposits of the overall banking industry. 35 percent share in the branch network of the overall banking industry, and 10 percent and 8 percent share of SMEs and Agriculture financing respectively, in private sector financing of the Islamic banking industry by the end of 2025.
The strategic plan envisages achieving the specified targets by focusing on six strategic pillars, namely:
- Strengthening legal landscape,
- Enhancing conduciveness of regulatory framework,
- Reinforcing comprehensive Shariah governance framework,
- Improving liquidity management framework,
- Expanding outreach & market development,
- Bolstering human capital & raising awareness.
Currently the Islamic banking industry sum-up 17 percent and 18.3 percent share in assets and deposit of the overall banking industry.